This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect from you when you become a customer of Spot On Savings.
In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data and about the rights you have over the data.
Who Are We?
Spot-On Savings is a trading name of Spot On Savings Limited. You can contact us at: Spot On Savings Ltd, 5 Chalk Hill House, 19 Rosary Road, Norwich, NR1 1SZ
What Personal Data will we collect?
When you become a customer of Spot On Savings we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.spotonsavings.com or when using our App or on one of our social media pages.
- User name and password - If we collect a user name and password, this is so we can keep your information secure and so that we can have your information to hand each time you visit us.
- Name, address and postcode - Without this we won't know who or where to send your order to. We may also use postcodes to quickly get your full address to save you typing it out and in some cases to identify whether we deliver or offer promotional offers in your area. If you have location services enabled on your smart device we may also use this to recommend restaurants / applicable services within the area you are in.
- Email address - We send confirmation of your orders via email and if you have opted in, we will also send you informational messages as well as offers which may interest you.
- Telephone numbers - If there are any problems with your purchase or we need to check anything, we need to be able to contact you quickly.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- App usage data - including location services.
- Details of the restaurants and businesses you've visited when using your discount vouchers and how you dined - including your savings.
Recipients Of The Personal Data
We are required to transfer the personal information provided by you to third parties in order to fulfil contractual obligations. The following are categories of recipients that customer information could be transferred to; Data Centres, Fulfilment Houses, External IT Providers, Payment Providers, Corporate, Community and Charitable Partners that have referred you to Spot On Savings.
We only use secure servers to store all the information you provide to us and any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, regrettably the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and as such we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site but once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access at all times.
We will not disclose your information to other parties for marketing purposes.
Our Data Protection Officer can provide you with contact details of our third parties upon request if required. You are able to do this by emailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spot On Savings will retain all customer information for 5 years after they last registered on our website or purchased any of our products. After a period of 5 years with no interaction between Spot On Savings and the customer, your information will be erased and securely disposed of.
Rights Of Data Subjects
As a Data Subject (an individual) that Spot On Savings processes information on behalf of, you have the right to withdraw consent from our processing at any given time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Information Commissioners Office in the UK), should you feel that we have not handled your information in line with legislative and regulatory requirements.
You have the right to make a Subject Access Request to our Data Protection Officer in the event that you wish to determine what information we hold on you. We welcome these requests and aim to respond within 72 working hours of receipt. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies.
Data Subject Profiling
We use location services through both our applications and websites in order for us to tailor our marketing material to your specific behaviour and activities, e.g. the types of restaurants which you regularly visit. We use email monitoring services to monitor the emails which we send to users. In doing this, we obtain information such as but not limited to:
- Time of receipt
- Time of opening
- Device used to open
- Location it was opened in
- Which parts of our website, our app and our emails you interacted with
We use systems that enable us to link your social media accounts to your account if registered with the same email address. This enables us to tailor our promotions and products as best as possible.
Where you have provided us with a mobile number, we may market to you using SMS and Push notification interactions.
Our systems are set up to enable us to collect information on your voucher use and spending history inclusive of savings made when using one of our offers, we link this data to your profile so that we can determine what other deals or informational emails may be of interest to you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, geographic location (if you allow when prompted by your browser), operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
We regularly send out email communication to keep you up to date with all the latest discounts and offers from the Spot On Savings brands and our chosen partners. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails you can do so at any time by simply clicking the link in the footer and you will be removed from all promotional emails. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on our website or our App.
In the event that you wish to you alter your Privacy settings or opt-out, you are able to do this by emailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.